Under the direction of the Chair, Culinary Arts, the Professor is responsible for facilitating and guiding learning and providing an effective learning environment for all students. The professional responsibilities include:
The design/revision/updating of courses, including:
- consulting with program and course administrators and other faculty members, advisory committees and a variety of potential employers and students
- defining learning outcomes and evaluating and validating these outcomes
- specifying and approving learning approaches, necessary resources, etc.
- incorporating educational technologies to meet the learning needs of 21st Century students
- reviewing and revising curriculum and participating in professional development activities during non-teaching periods
The teaching of assigned courses, including:
- delivery of regularly scheduled instruction in the Fall, Winter, or Summer terms in home department or across departments
- ensuring student awareness of course learning outcomes and evaluation techniques
- providing tutoring and academic advising for students both in and out of class
- providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies
- evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
- the development and creation of a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
The provision of academic leadership, including:
- providing guidance to students and to part-time professors relative to the professors’ teaching assignments
- participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees, and departmental/ faculty meetings
- liaising with community members, engaging in program, School of Business, and College promotion
- remaining current in the field of study and maintaining awareness of emerging trends and practices related to teaching and learning in higher education
- modeling the College values – Caring. Learning. Integrity. Respect.
Please note: This position is an off-cycle teaching assignment for winter and summer semesters.